I have been appreciating the beauty that spring has brought to the Pacific Northwest recently as so many trees, bushes, bulbs and plants have been in bloom. This has taken me on a deeper journey of wanting to cultivate a more expansive garden on my patio as well as in my life.
We all know that for beauty to be real, it has to go beyond the surface. A plant cannot thrive and bloom if it does not have the nutrients it needs to sustain its life. And this is true for both plants and people.
What are the ‘nutrients’ that we need then as humans to nurture beauty in our inner lives? Here are some items I find to be important:
- Courage – to tell ourselves and others the truth. This helps us maintain clean, healthy relationships, even if it is not always easy. To do this we have to have clarity, honesty and integrity.
- Clarity – about what is most important, otherwise we can tend to get sidetracked on less important projects or things that really don’t matter in the long run
- Honesty and integrity – with ourselves and others. This requires being able and willing to tell the truth. To do that, we have to know who we are – who we really are!
- Knowledge – of who I am in all aspects of my being. Know Thyself is the edict of every ancient mystery tradition.
- Stamina – to keep going even when we want to stop. Often, stamina requires faith in the unknown.
- Belief – In God, Goddess, Creator – and organizer of our universe. The vast cosmos is a system of remarkable frequency, resonance, and organization.
- Faith – that there will always be a way to turn lemons into lemonade. A little bit of humor here as a reminder that faith is a necessary ingredient to see things through and find the next phase of our life, making sure we have a life well lived. We don’t have a choice about what happens to us, but we do have a choice about what we do with it.
- Understanding – that we are made in the image of God and there is a plan for each of us to achieve this lifetime
- Forgiveness – of ourselves and others as we live large and make mistakes. If we live within the comfort zone, and are afraid of making mistakes, we will never realize our greatness.
I hope you have a wonderful June and enjoy the external beauty around you. And I invite you to join me in consciously uncovering, discovering, and expressing the inner beauty of you every day.
Sending you Love and Light,
Verla and The Living Light Foundation