The way to know what you have been holding as most important is to look honestly at your results.
When your tangible measurable results are consistent with what you hold as most important – TAKE IT PERSONALLY – OWN IT – KNOW THAT YOU CREATED THIS RESULT!
When your tangible, measurable results are inconsistent with what you think you hold as most important, the following steps need to be taken:
- Stay away from the victim position. Hold that I am 100% accountable for creating this result. Take the position that no one (including myself) is at fault or to blame about this.
- Check yourself for the presence of either guilt or resentment regarding this result. If you are experiencing guilt you are protecting your fantasy about yourself. If you are experiencing resentment, you are protecting your fantasy about another.
- Look at what result you did create – other than the one you wanted. What is it that you allowed to be more important than creating what you really wanted?
- Look for any beliefs/positions you held that did not support you in creating the desired result. Let go of any unworkable positions/beliefs.
- Check the intensity of your commitment to creating what you hold as most important. Have you been deceiving yourself about your degree of commitment?
- Reaffirm your commitment to the result you want to create. Challenge yourself to full participation. GO FOR IT!
I invite you to look at your life through this new filter of fantasy vs. reality. I trust it will reveal some very interesting things to you about you.
Verla Wade & The Living Light Foundation